Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs by Kim Pezza
Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Join the Backyard Farming Movement and Turn Your Home into a Homestead!
Pigs are easily among the smartest and sweetest animals you can include on your farm or homestead. Occasionally challenging and always rewarding, pigs are intelligent animals and make for a great addition to any backyard farmer’s livestock.
Whether you plan to raise a single hog or a full litter of piglets, Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs is your expert guide to successfully keeping and caring for these animals. Raising Pigs covers a wide range of ownership and care issues, from selecting the right breeds and numbers for your wants and needs, housing and feeding requirements, breeding and raising piglets, and keeping your animals happy and healthy.
With Raising Pigs, you will:
• Learn to understand and appreciate these essential livestock investments
• Build efficient housing for your pigs to minimize your workload
• Learn to identify and treat a number of ailments and illnesses common to pigs
• Learn proper slaughtering techniques for your animals and prepare them for sale or personal use
• Discover a variety of delicious recipes using meat from your own farm
...and many more tips to help you achieve success.
More than ever, people everywhere are making a return to the farming lifestyle. Backyard Farming is your source for knowledge. Join the growing movement of homesteaders looking for a healthier, happier way of life—it starts right in your very own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.