Easy Ikebana: 30 Beautiful Flower Arrangements You Can Make in Three Simple Steps by Shinichi Nagatsuka
Cut, place and embellish. With the easy 3-step technique and design guidelines in Easy Ikebana, making an extraordinary flower arrangement is that simple
You don't need exotic flowers or expensive vases to create a stunning floral arrangement. Even a single flower from your garden or local market, combined with a simple container that matches its size and shape, will result in a uniquely beautiful addition to your space. Water, a pair of scissors, and maybe a few leaves, sprigs, or wildflowers are the only other items you'll need to complete your arrangement.
With Easy Ikebana, even the most inexperienced beginner will:
- Become familiar with different types of seasonal flowers, what they require and how to handle them
- Develop a sense of proportion to create a balanced arrangement
- Learn how to choose and use greenery in your arrangements, whether you're placing one flower or several
- Pick up tips for making cut flowers last longer
- Discover ways to make a strong statement using very few components
These arrangements show how striking understatement can be--not to mention how affordable. The gentle lessons in this book will make flower-arranging a relaxing and satisfying activity season after season, and the stunning photos will inspire practitioners at all levels with the beauty and power of simplicity--the heart of ikebana.