It's taken some work to get to this point but we finally have some good news for you. In the next few days, we'll be introducing you to our first featured local author, Lisa Muir. We are so excited to be a part of her journey as an author and can't wait to share more about her and her wonderful book of short stories. Join us on social media to get the most up-to-date news about what's happening at Foggy Pine Books--Twitter usually sees everything first! Stay tuned!
We are over-the-moon excited about our new local author but since it's not quite time to release the book, and we're jonesing for more local artists, we thought you might be too! So, we've compiled a list of excellent authors from or working in North Carolina. This state has played host to some really remarkable talent over the years and I have the fortune of being able to connect you with these incredible writers. This list consists of Appalachian literary fiction, nonfiction, young adult, science fiction, and short stories--summer reads for everyone. Click each book cover to view it's Goodreads page and discover a new favorite author. Now, without further ado, 15 books by NC authors you just HAVE to read:
1. Serena by Ron Rash
2. Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe
3. A Home on the Field: How One Championship Team Inspires Hope for the Revival of Small Town America by Paul Cuadros
4. The Mitford Years Series by Jan Karon
5. Prayers the Devil Answers by Sharyn McCrumb
6. Guests on Earth by Lee Smith
7. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
8. The Silo Series by Hugh Howey
9. Down River by John Hart
10. On the Occasion of My Last Afternoon by Kaye Gibbons
11. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins
12. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessel
13. Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
14. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
15. White People by Allan Gurganus
Mary Ruthless: Owner/Manager
Mon-Sat: 9am - 7pm
We are now open to the public & require masks to browse in-person.
In-store browsing starts at 11am.
Social Media Handle