Local Authors Consignment Program
For self-published local writers or the agents of writers with small, independent publishing houses
If you are interested in our program, please read the program details in full, fill out the application, and submit it with the application fee--$30 and a copy of your book. If your book is accepted to the program and sells all of the first set of copies, the application fee will be refunded.
*We will not accept books for consideration without filling out the application and paying the fee in advance--please do not come by the store to leave your book unless your application has been accepted and you've been asked to do so*
* Books must meet binding/printing standards: book title & author name on spine, quality binding (no spiral bound), must have been proofed, and have an ISBN
* All books will be read, in part or full, by staff members before approval. Decisions are made on a book-by-book basis and are final.
* We do not accept books to read for the program without an application and paid fee.
* Books accepted into the program will remain on our shelves for 60 days, in the section of our choosing. If we think we can get you more sales by featuring your book in whichever section, please trust us. We want to sell your title too.
* Author will provide 5 books, initially, to the bookseller. Bookseller will pay 60% of retail price, according to industry standard.
* Each month, the bookseller is responsible for sending the author a check for any books sold.
* Bookseller may contact the author to restock during the consignment period.
* When the consignment period is over, it is at the discretion of the bookseller to renew the contract. If the contract will not be renewed, the bookseller will return the remaining books and write a check for books sold in the last month. If the contract is renewed, no more fees are required to be paid, unless the author seeks promotional services.
* Bookseller is not responsible for damaged or stolen goods and author will absorb the losses.
*NOTE: The book you bring to the store for approval will not be returned to you. We often make notes inside the book and we keep it with the consignment record for record-keeping purposes.